Experience with Multi-generation Businesses
We operate a family run firm. Our experience has been gained by going through many of the same issues your business may have experienced. Families are great, but they can also present unique challenges due to the emotional aspects that are sometimes hard to separate. Family run businesses may delay decisions or make compromises other companies may not have to make.
- Family meeting facilitation
- Goal setting and evaluation
- Audit, review and financial statement compilation
- Tax planning and return preparation
- Managed accounting using our back office support services (BOSS)
- Family wealth planning and gifting
- Succession planning
Clarity and Expectations
Family run businesses often need a non-family member to objectively provide direction to support the family members leading the company. We help set goals for individuals, monitor performance, and make sure all family members involved in management have goals aligned to achieve the company’s overall planned objectives.
Other Issues Often Confronting Family Businesses
- Which family member should be made President?
- Who will be more responsible in managing the financial aspects of the operation?
- Are there relationship differences to address?
- How is each family member compensated?
- How is company stock allocated to family members?
We can help you sort through these issues. Call for a no-cost assessment.